Sunday, January 18, 2009

Camping in Carlsbad

This weekend on Saturday afternoon I went down to South Carlsbad State Beach to join my friend Matt Westrup in some serious surfing...well, he did the surfing and i took the pictures.  I tried to get some video of him doing his thing by putting my small point and shoot camera in a ziploc bag and putting on some fins, but that video is a little hazy.  I'm definitely going to look into a waterproof casing for the camera.  Anyway, here are a few pics from my time there.

Sunset was incredible.
the view from our campsite to the north
I don't know why, but i feel like this next shot needs to be on a teacher's wall in poster size, saying something like..

Dedication: The will to see through what others will not.
the lineup
the campground was up on some cliffs overlooking the water.
These stairs led down to the beach from right by our campsite.
Some Tourists wanted their picture taken with a "real surfer"
so Matt kindly obliged.
wipeout! doom diguh diguh diguh diguh diguh.....

Here's Matt, turning and burning
This is not Matt, but i thought it was a pretty sweet bailout.
I'm pretty sure this was a girl.
Our visitor at the campsite this morning


1 comment:

Susan said...

Nathan - Love the photos! When opportunity knocks - swing open that door!

Susan