Monday, August 18, 2008

Marathon Weekend, Part I



Wow!  God is so good to bless us with work and things to do!  He is also so perfect in his timing to give me things that make me put my trust in him, that force me to rely, and be dependent on a faithful and benevolent God.  This past weekend I had the opportunity to shoot 3 weddings, with 3 different photographers.  Friday was a blast, working once again with Lukas VanDyke, who shares so freely his wisdom and knowledge. Matt and Suelynn were the happy couple, and it was so encouraging to be around them the whole day.  Both were so selfless and giving, looking out for the interests of others, even on "their" special day.  I love shooting weddings where Jesus Christ is the focal point, a true celebration of the glory of God in marriage. 

I always enjoy shooting with Lukas and really appreciate his feedback and helpfulness.   the wedding was in Camarillo at a beautiful garden/wedding hot spot.  The crowd was intimate, with family from Canada (how aboot that, eh?) and friends from all over.  Oh yeah, and the bridesmaids dresses were the coolest. ever.  I feel bad for every wedding after this one, because nothing will top those dresses.    Here are a few of my favorites from the day. 


The cakes were handmade by the bride and a friend










Mmmm, butterrrr














 50mm 1.4 1/60 iso 1600 no flash

1 comment:

Emily Walter said...

your work amazes me... ptl :D