Monday, August 11, 2008

R 'n B Wedding

First of all, let me congratulate .blogspot for the fastest file upload, ever.  Normally I dread blogging because the image uploads take forever, but this time it was lickety-split!  I guess you get what you pay for =).  Alright, now on to the gorgeous wedding of Robert and Brigitte.

The last week in July I received a phone call from Lukas VanDyke asking if I could shoot second for him.  I've looked up to him ever since I knew of him at Master's College, so I was thrilled.  The best part was that the wedding was north of San Francisco, which meant I got to pick his brain the whole way!

The day was fabulous, with great food, good music, handsome black tuxedos and vibrant dresses.  Brigitte's dress shouted beauty and elegance.  Here are a few getting ready pictures.














Just before the ceremony

Stunning.








A few real moments..


Lukas in action



And the party, which was outside, with very bright light











So on the way home, we missed the turn-off for the 580 freeway, so we decided to stay on the 101 through San Francisco.  We stopped on the hill by Sausalito to take this picture of the Golden Gate bridge and S.F.  After taking the picture we hiked down the hill in the dark, realizing that we had been walking through large patches of poison ivy!  Lukas got it on his feet (wearing flip-flops!) and arm, and I escaped without a scratch, praise the Lord.  We found an IHOP nearby to wash off, and then we learned you aren't supposed to wash Poison Ivy with soap and water, but scrub it with rubbing alcohol.  Soap and water just spreads it.  FYI.
Thanks for looking at this long post!






No comments: