Thursday, May 22, 2008

My oh My

So it went like this....
bvvvvvvv.  bvvvvvvv. bvvvvvvv. bvvvvvvv.
"Hello?"
"Hi Nathan, this is Charlotte, How's it going?"
"Going well" I said, "How are you?"
"Very good" she replied. "Are you coming to my birthday party?"
"Yeah, I'm coming!"
"Can you pick up my friend? Her name is My, like MyBook. She lives in Lakewood."
"Uhh, yeah, not a problem."
"Good, see you tonight"

So I picked up My, and we went together.  In the hour and a half it took to get there (Thank you LA Traffic) we talked alot, and it came up that I was into photography.  "Do you want to take my picture?" she said.  And I couldn't pass up an opportunity like that!  So we did a photo shoot on Wednesday afternoon, tons of fun!

We started off at El Dorado Park, and then tried a couple other locations.

I love these trees that are in bloom right now.
Here we are using the famous Becker Squat.
Along the way we found an industrial fruit concentrate plant.

Long Beach is a town full of vivid color. so much fun


My was willing to go to a number of locations.  I appreciated
her willingness to be a guinneapig and let me get some experience.
We stumbled upon this nursery with BEAUTIFUL flowers,
but it was closed.  I followed the advice of my mentor, and 
decided to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
Despite the large NO TRESPASSING  sign that decorated
the fence, we decided to squeeze through the gate.
As we were leaving the owner pulled up in his truck.  After
showing him some of the pictures, he said with a smile,
"Go through the hole in the fence by the river path, it's easier
to get in that way!"  He was very kind to us.


I loved how soft the light was here.
The texture of the Palm Tree was great.
Hmmm....
Cool bridge and reeds
Sometimes the simple are some of the best.

Thanks My!  You were so fun to work with, and the camera really liked you!  I'm glad you two got along so well.  I am so excited about all the stuff I'm learning.  God is soo good and kind to allow me to do this stuff.

1 comment:

Leni said...

nice pictures

http://lenihartati.blogspot.com/